Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Flying video and Cub pilots’ Barbecue May 12, 2012

I’d been looking for a way to record my flying adventures without breaking the bank and ran across a pair of sunglasses with a built-in DVR at a trade show. I paid too much – that’s what happens when you find something new and cool that you’ve never seen before. On the upside, when my costly pair had an intermittent audio problem the U.S. seller handled a replacement quickly and without any hassle at all.

I’ve since found that these things can be bought on eBay … just search for “DVR sunglasses” and a lot will pop up. At this early stage in the product cycle I found a few auctions that were just about ready to close without reserve and with no bids! I ordered a couple of pairs and a couple of keychain DVRs for essentially the cost of shipping. Hope they work.

Cub Fly-In Barbecue at the Western North Carolina Air Museum field (Hendersonville NC) on May 12. Be there or be square. No Cubs will be barbecued and hopefully none will be harmed in this production. Other types welcome, of course.

flylogo-2

1 comment:

Grizzly's Adventures said...

Nice narrative Alex and a cool pair of glasses!

Griz