Monday, March 23, 2020

Flying in the Face of the Pandemic

I don't know about you, but this Coronavirus thing would be a lot more painful if it were not for the fact that 99% of my flying is solo. It's nice to have another soul to talk to, especially when it's a new experience for them, but I do enjoy wifferdilling along, watching the world go by and marveling at the peace and harmony of it from up to a couple of thousand feet in the air. The CallAir is perfect for that.

 
Whether ridge soaring when the wind is up or just poking around the mountains when the winds are calm, the CallAir lets me get a good long look at the landscape

I've reluctantly made the decision to sell the CallAir. It's a wonderful airplane, made better by a museum quality (expensive) restoration from 2013-2017, but I'm not flying it enough to justify keeping it on the payroll. The ad is on Barnstormers.com if you know anybody looking for a great buy.

For actually going places, the GlaStar is lurking in the back of the hangar .. no inflight pictures of it yet, but it's itching to fly more. In this era of viruses floating around, I don't see myself ever getting on another airliner and with my family in the South, I don't have to; they're all within striking distance in the 'Star.

For now, flying solo, flying safely ... mowing the grass, etc. A Fair Weather Flyer, for sure.



No comments: